***We will update this webpage soon as a result of the December 2014 changes to the legislation. In the meantime, please seek advice about the changes to the legislation.***
Making a BCIPA Payment Claim
To make a claim for monies owed under BCIPA, you need to submit a valid payment claim.
- Identify the contract & project. Include a summary of the work broken down into trades/types of work and percentage complete.
- Identify the particular work carried out, not just in general terms.
- Preferably provide a summary of the contract price, amount approved to date, amount previously certified and balance due. You must specify the amount of the payment claim.
- Include a breakdown of variations claimed with details, and if claiming schedule items provide percentages complete for each one.
- *State “This is a payment claim under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004”.Although you don’t have to give reasons, identify the basis of your entitlement to make the claim, and in cases of variations, how you can demonstrate that it is a variation.
- All information provided on Lenz Moreton’s website is general information only and does not constitute legal advice. For advice on your circumstances please contact us on (07) 3220 0299.